The Powder Keg V2 The Powder Keg V2

Seemed Interesting

Hi ugolegend94,

My first impression of the game was a good one. The game drew me in quickly and I was like, "maybe I'll actually like this game." Judging by the art and music, I thought it'd be an RPG type of game (which it wasn't).

Pros:

I like the small little details past the walls. You should definitely make ALOT more. It shouldn't be too hard detailing in the map right? It'd look awesome if it had skeletons (humans, creatures... UFO?) Maybe in the beginning of the game, you could fall down an empty well and then walk through a whole in the wall of the well?

I liked the music. It made the game feel epic. It's one of the first things about this game that I noticed and it drew me in. It was definitely a wise decision to use this song for the game. ;)

Cons:

There aren't alot of things that move in this game (I can only recall that the character, gas cloud, and elevator move)

lol The guy is ALWAYS walking! Even when he's standing! Use a different animation! The game would be a lot more interesting if the main character does stuff while standing still(doesn't have to do stuff. I just thought it was strange that you didn't use a still image to show that he's standing still.)

The game needs checkpoints. I fell into a pit and said, FUCK! Seriously, I hate restarting to the beginning after only once chance. I didn't want to play the game again after falling into the same hole 7 times.

It's damn near impossible to jump over those holes. Too hard! But I won't take off any points for it.

There's no story in the game. I'm constantly wondering why the guy is doing what he's doing. There's no incentive to play other than to discover the reason for the objective. Adding a storyline to the game would definitely spice it up, dude.

Bugs:

You can't get on the elevator when it's going up; you fall right through it.

If you hold up while moving and happen to hit a ceiling, you float a little. That's pretty much the only way I got over some of the holes.

You can't climb up slight hills (where it goes up 1 pixel by 1 pixel or more) without jumping; you get stuck. Not that much of a nuisance, to me, but you should fix it(for the sake of not seeming super lazy).

Can't restart once you "fail."

Misc:

Invisible wall at the beginning of the game. Right in front of the tree.

I got a fail medal while writing this review! WTF dude. :P

From 10, I subtracted:

2 for lazy animation
1 for lazy art
1 for lack of story

3/5
6/10

Undead End Hardcore Undead End Hardcore

Oh God!

Great game, but at the start screen, it bugged me that the truck itself didn't shake at all. The illusion of driving wasn't there, for me.

Canabalt Canabalt

Well,

This is officially my favorite game.